If you can manage to select diamond blades which are suitable to your work, you will improve your work efficiency and lower your costs, so it’s worthy for you to know some methods.
There are many factors which influence the performance of diamond blades. Here we suggest some ideas from 3 aspects:
1. The Capabilities of Diamond Blades
The capability of a diamond blade is mainly determined by its diamonds’ hardness, grit and concentration, and its bond’s hardness and abradability.
A diamond blade’s capability should be suitable to the nature of the stone to be processed. In addition, different uses of diamond blades need different capabilities.
2. The Diameters and Shapes of Diamond Blades
The diameter and shape of a diamond blade should be chosen according to the dimension of the stone to be processed and the requirements of processing quality.
For example, the diameter of a diamond blade normally should be bigger than 3 times of the maximum thickness of the stone to be processed.
The shape and structure form of a diamond blade should be chosen according to the requirements of processing precision. When cutting the stones whose requirement is smooth surface or which are thin and of easily border-broken, narrow slot diamond blades should be chosen. When cutting the stones whose processing requirements on surface are not high or which are fairly thick, wide slot diamond blades can be used.
3. The Equipment Conditions of Cutting Machines
· For the cutting machines with deviations or whose precisions are not so good, it is better to choose the diamond blades with good abradability bonds.
· For those new and precise cutting machines, the diamond blades whose bonds are good for the easily exposure of diamonds can be chosen.
· For the cutting machines whose line speeds are low, it is better to use the diamond blades with good abradability bonds.